The purpose of the Community Addiction Course is to enable people to:
- Learn about Drugs and their effects.
- Develop an understanding of addiction
- Examine their own attitudes.
- Become more effective in their personal responses.
- Explore the effects of drug mis-use on the family.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to become more effective in responding to drug misuse in their own communities.
Student Profile; Community members who feel they would like to be more effective when it comes to drug/alcohol issues. There are no educational requirements to be part of this course, only a willingness to learn.
Course coming soon. Cost 320 euro. Friday evenings 7pm/10pm, Sat 9.30 am/5pm. Light lunch provided.
- Drug use, misuse and abuse
- Drugs as participants encounter them. Signs and symptoms
- Drugs used in particular communities and their effects.
- Pharmaceutical information on drugs
- The process of addiction
- The effects of addiction on families
- Interventions at one to one level
- Intervention and listening skills role play.
- Referral and treatment programmes